Jan 24, 2016 |
| Sticky post
“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.â€
â€“Henry David Thoreau
Craft of the Week
Coffee Filter Globe
Circular Coffee Filter
Spray Bottle with Mist Setting
Black Construction Paper
- Show examples of the Earth from outer space. Discuss the color variations due to land mass and bodies of water.
- Each child will use blue and green markers to color on a coffee filter to represent the Earth. If available, they can trace an image of the earth through their filter.
- After coloring is finished, mist each filter with water to allow the colors to blend together.
- Set in an undisturbed place to dry. Make sure to set a label with the child’s name on in nearby so they can be identified later.
- The next day, have each child glue their dried “Earth” to a piece of construction paper.
- Optional – Have them use either white crayons or glitter spray to decorate the construction paper to represent stars.
This craft can be done in conjunction with studies about the solar system. Multiple planets can be created using other colors.
Posted in: Classroom Ideas